Freelance Product Photographer
The Catch Company is looking for an experienced e-commerce product photographer who will work directly with our e-commerce team to prep, shoot and edit product photos for our website www.shopkarls.com. Our primary products are fishing lures, tackle, fishing rods and reels, accessories, and apparel. The total volume of photo assets is typically 100-200 products/month but could spike up in certain months depending on new product launches. Our home office is in Chicago, IL, and our fulfillment center is in Nashville. This position is open to either location.
What you will do:
- Review our product photography guidelines on a category by category basis
- Visit our Chicago or Nashville location 1 or 2x per month, but possibly up to 4x per month to pick up samples of products that will be photographed.
- Take white background photos of products according to the guidelines we set forth
- Digitize, edit, and title the photos to fit our guidelines
- Upload photo assets via dropbox within 10 days.
- Photographed samples should be returned to the office or fulfillment center at the next pick up date.
- Communicate regularly via slack with our eCommerce team if there are questions on how to best shoot a product, you don’t have the right product, or other problems arise.
- We would also be open to suggestions for improving our guidelines and or adding new features (e.g., 360 degree photos, gifs)
- Must submit a portfolio with samples of your work.
- Experience in taking digital photos for e-commerce. Ideal products would be consumer goods, especially sporting goods, jewelry, food, and makeup
- Experience in photo editing software
- Strong communication skills
- Must supply your own studio space, camera equipment, lighting, white back drop, clothing forms, technical equipment, etc.